My Chili Recipe

This is my Chili Recipe that I've been working on:

Ingredients:
1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
1 Jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
2 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, chopped*
1 tbsp Canola/Vegetable Oil
2 # Ground Beef
1 28 oz. Can Tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp Seasoning Salt
1 tbsp Ground Oregano
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onions and sweat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add jalapeno, chipotles, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.

2. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Drain off fat before proceeding.

3. Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add all remaining seasonings and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning. Enjoy.

*Chipotles are dried smoked jalapeno peppers. When you find them canned, they are usually in adobo sauce. The brand I use is Goya and it's a 7 oz. can usually found in the international aisle. I only use one or two at a time so I keep them in a container in the fridge and they usually last me three-four months.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Culinary school grad figuring out how to cook for two people semi-healthy. After learning how to cook in huge batches with tons of butter and salt, this proves to be a challenge. Learning how to be a wife and homeowner.

About